What to Do
The World Heritage Blue Mountains cover more than 1,000,000 hectares of some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world and has walking trails to suit everyone. Hiking maps are available at Melba House. Experience hiking and 4WD tours specialising in environmental and cultural aspects of World Heritage Blue Mountains with award-winning Tread Lightly Eco Tours www.treadlightly.com.au
• The Koomurri Aboriginal Centre and the Three Sisters at Echo Point
• Scenic World Blue Mountains Katoomba, including Scenic Railway, the steepest incline Railway in the world
• Mount Tomah Cold Climate Botanic Gardens, Mayfield Gardens Oberon, Everglades Leura
• Jenolan Caves , the worlds’ oldest caves
• The Edge Cinema and Imax Theatre Katoomba
• Mount Vic Flicks, an olde worlde movie experience
• Horse riding in the Megalong Valley followed by lunch at the Megalong Tea Rooms
ART GALLERIES & ANTIQUES
Enjoy fantastic art exhibitions at The Lost Bear Gallery, Katoomba Fine Art, Ashcroft’s Art Space, Nolan’s Gallery and many more. Fossick through numerous antique shops at Wentworth Falls, Katoomba and Blackheath.
Enjoy a day of pampering, be rejuvenated and relax at Spa Sublime www.spasublime.com.
Katoomba is a Slow Food town, and the area offers gastronomic delights for all foodies, from fine dining to great pizzerias and everything in between. Coeliac, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan diets are all catered for in the Blue Mountains. And Katoomba has some of the best coffee shops around!
Two Hop on Hop Off Bus Services will take you to 29 tourist places of interest: The Blue Mountains Explorer Bus and The Trolley Bus. They also offer day trips to Jenolan Caves.
Katoomba has one limousine company, Blue Mountains Limousine Service; due to demand, we advise pre-booking prior to arrival.
There are local taxis and buses to help you get around locally and frequent CityRail trains run to and from Sydney and further beyond the Blue Mountains every day.
FESTIVALS AND EVENTS
• Leura Garden Festival: 29 September-7 October 2012
• Leura Village Fair: 6 October 2012
• Festival of Walking: 8-15 October 2012
• Mayfield Gardens Open Day: 20 October 2012
• Blackheath Rhododendron Festival: 2 November 2012
• Jenolan Caves: Jazz in the Caves; Xmas in the Caves
• All that Jazz: February 2013
• Blue Mountains Music Festival: 16-18 March 2013
• Winter Magic Festival: 22 June 2013
• Blue Mountains Crossing Bicentenary events: 2013-2015